What is link building?
In the last article, we already talked about, what backlinks are. If you haven’t read it yet, you can read it here. Because backlinks are important this article will focus on building links. In general, the more backlinks you have, the better it is and the higher quality the backlinks are, the better it is, too, but what are high quality backlinks again? It’s a link from a website with high PageRank score. Its score is from 0 to 10. 10 is the highest score to achieve. For example Wikipedia has a PageRank of 9. So getting a backlink from a website with such a high PageRank is very very recommendable and it worth more than many backlinks of lower PageRank. Besides the backlink has to come from a website, which is related to your blog niche. If you are writing about travel, but the backlink comes from a website/blog about marketing, it won’t be as valuable as backlinks from more related websites/blogs. Now, here comes some link building methods:
- Media. Especially infographics gets shared way more often than just plain text articles. I’ve also done an infographic. Check it out on this blog article: What is SEO?
- Guest blog. Write an article for another blogger. Especially a well established one is very beneficial.
- Competitors. You can look at your competitors, where they get their backlinks from and do the same thing as they did.
- List yourself in directories. CrunchBase is one of many popular directories to get listed.
- Use social share buttons, so it is easier to get shared.
That’s actually basically it. As simple as that. To stay up to date. Just like my Facebook Fanpage: The Doan’s Blog. Further reading: What is Digital Marketing? Most popular blog article: International money.