Digital Marketing also is known as online marketing mostly in German speaking countries compromises all types of marketing, which are executed online. So what is the difference between traditional marketing like print media vs. digital marketing?
- It is way more efficient. That’s why the ROI is higher. In other words, as an example, you need to spend way less money to reach audiences. Sending mails to people, who are likely to be interested in your products or services cost a certain amount of money to send it. With Emails, it is even for free.
- It is faster. Because time is money, being faster is also valuable. Besides first come, first serve. When you are faster than your competitor on the market, you can sell your products or services first.
- Higher visibility. It is way easier to reach 1000 people with digital marketing than the traditional one. For example, there are many Facebook groups out there with thousands of members. Just one single promotion of your product or services and you already reached these many people.
- It is measurable. You can see right away, how many clicks your ads has or with web analytics, you can see, how many visitors your website has and it looks like this: So this week I have about 4000 visitors on my website. It also can report me, where the visitors come from like from which country or from which source like Google, Facebook, Pinterest etc.
Now, you have a quick understanding, why Digital Marketing is better than the traditional one. Here comes some types of Digital Marketing:
- SEO stands for search engine optimization, so that you can be ranked higher on search engines like Google. I’ve already written a blog article about it, so check it out: What is SEO?
- Content marketing can be any kind of content like text, audio and video for example blogs, youtube videos, tutorials, podcasts etc. So it is mostly informative like explanations, tutorials etc. or entertaining making yourself competent to persuade potential customers to purchase the products or services.
- Social media marketing is used on social media platforms like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Quora, LinkedIn etc. not only to attract customers, but also to attract potential employees, inform the public. So social media marketing has also a PR function and much more. The biggest social media company, I know, is Facebook with about 2.1b users. Only Google has more users, but Google exists already a decade earlier. Within social media marketing, it also exists influencer marketing. Influencers are people, who have a big influence on a certain niche. For example one of the top Instagram influencer Rachel Brathen with 2.1m followers charge $25 000 per post.
- Email marketing is used for example to inform customers about the latest products or services news, but also for promoting contents. It’s not only good for sending newsletters, but it can also be more individualized.
- Online advertisements are also known as pay per click, where Businesses have to pay a certain amount of money, if users click on the advertisement, which is really effective, because you only have to pay, when a potential customer is interested in, what you have to offer.
- Video marketing is also a good way to market your products or services, because a picture says more than a thousand words! And a video has 30 pictures per second. That is why, if you have a video, that explains it, the conversion rate will increase significantly up to 80%!.
- Affiliate marketing is also an effective way to increase sales, because you only have to pay to the affiliate, if he or she is able to make sales for you. Affiliates can be influencers, bloggers, youtubers etc.
The list is definitely not complete. It is just to give you a quick overview over digital marketing. I hope you liked it. If not, just send me an email. In order to stay up to date just like my Facebook page.