Stop getting hung up on expensive creams and injections as being your only hope to turn back the clock!
Those so-called miracles are anything but, and actually contribute to you aging before your time!
They aren’t regulated by any government body (not that that would help a whole lot), but it means that companies can basically make any claim(s) they want about their product, no matter how outrageous, and get away with it!
So, where does that leave you?
Well here’s the good news – Looking younger starts, and has always started, with what you eat.
Your body needs the proper nutrition to work they way it was designed to, and to repair the damage caused by the toxins you put on and in it.
I can’t think of a better way to give your body (including your skin) all of the nutrients it needs, in large doses, than smoothies.
Keep reading to find out why smoothies are so great for making you look and feel younger.
of which are needed to slow aging
WHY IS BLENDING YOUR SMOOTHIE BENEFICIAL
- The health of your body depends on your digestion. When you blend your foods, you are supporting the digestive process. Your body does not have to work so hard to break down the nutrients as they are in a pre-digested state.
- Did you know that 80% of your energy is spent digesting and assimilating your nutrients? So why not support your body, so it has less digesting to do, and can spend more time repairing damage (like age spots and wrinkles)?
- Instead of preparing and eating cup after cup of healthy veggies and fruits, you are packing them into one nutrient-dense smoothie.
HOW SMOOTHIES BENEFIT YOUR SKIN
This may surprise you, but the secret to young looking skin doesn’t involve any super expensive beauty products; rather it includes fruits and vegetables that are rich in carotenoids.
Research has shown that people who ingest carotenoids on a daily basis have younger looking healthy and glowing skin.
Before you start eating vegetables and fruits to get that youthful glow, let me add that the secret also involves mixing them with healthy fats such as avocado, or coconut oil. The human body needs these healthy fats to help absorb the vitamins.
The combination of fruits and vegetables with proteins and healthy fats provide you with optimal anti-aging nutrition.
Since smoothies are loaded with essential fatty acids and antioxidants, they benefit the skin by minimizing any puffiness and redness, keeping it wrinkle free and smooth.
So if you are sick of people telling you that you can never have improved skin, you can show them it is possible just by adding some delicious and healthy smoothies to your diet.*
*You also need to eliminate all toxins from your life. Things like pesticides, fungicides (found on non-organic produce), chemicals in conventional household cleaners, air fresheners, make up, and body care products (like: deodorant, soap, body wash, shaving cream, moisturizers, sunscreen…the list goes on).
*Don’t drink unfiltered water from the tap, (especially if you live in a city – but well water can have it’s own problems), or from a plastic bottle (even if the label says the plastic is BPA free).
*All of these things contribute to early and increased aging.
TOP KINDS OF FOODS TO ADD TO YOUR ANTI-AGING SMOOTHIE
Add the following to make the „Ultimate“ anti-aging smoothie:
PROTEIN: For vegetarians add hemp seeds, chia seeds, nut butter (like cashew or almond. Not peanut). If animal products don’t bother you, you can use a tablespoon of collagen hydrolysate.
FIBER: The best choices to add extra fiber to your smoothies are: flax seeds, avocado, or chia seeds.
FRUIT: You can add any fruit you want – e.g. banana, peach, pear, mango, lime, or berries. To make your smoothie nice and cold, without using ice that can water it down, freeze your chosen fruit for a couple of hours before hand. You’ll hear from many „experts“ to limit the amount of fruit you use in a smoothie because of the sugar (because sugar is horribly aging – which is true – but that is refined white sugar, and huge amounts of natural sugars.) Sugar found in fruit is wrapped in lots of fiber, so it doesn’t cause the blood sugar spikes that a piece of candy would. If you’re eating a well rounded, toxin free (that means no sugary junk) diet, then DON“T worry at all about the fruit in your healthy smoothie!
GREENS: Greens make your smoothie super healthy. You have many choices such as: spinach, kale, basil, cilantro, parsley, cucumber, the list goes on. Just watch for strong tasting greens like: cilantro that can over-power your smoothie. Try a small amount if you aren’t sure about how it will taste.
HEALTHY FATS: You can add according to your taste, but the best options are: avocado, coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cocoa butter etc.
LIQUIDS: Coconut water, coconut milk (this will give you an extra hit of healthy fats too), almond milk, hemp milk, or raw milk from pastured, grass fed cows are great choices. If you aren’t making your own nut milks, read the packaging for added harmful ingredients like: guar gum, and carrageenan to name a few. Plus, many of these packaged milks contain very little actual „nuts“, some as little as 2%. It’s so much better to make them yourself at home with organic nuts and filtered water. It’s not hard at all!
SUPERFOODS: To be honest, I don’t really like the term „superfood“ because it makes us think that expensive „exotic“ foods are the only things we can eat to get awesome health benefits – It’s just not true! Spinach and apples are superfoods, so are sweet potatoes and bell peppers. So don’t think you have to run out and spend a fortune on these superfoods. While they do have great health benefits, they aren’t absolutely essential to your good health and anti-aging. Some examples are: maca, cacao, goji berries, bee pollen, aloe vera, spirulina, and acai.
10 SMOOTHIE „SUPERFOODS“ FOR GREAT SKIN
CHIA SEEDS: These are super seeds that contain a wide range of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, iron, calcium and antioxidants which are all good for keeping your skin fresh.
FLAX SEEDS: These super seeds provide omega fatty acids and fiber. They help to achieve soft and smooth skin. They also eliminate toxins from the body, helping you maintain a clear complexion.
GOJI BERRIES: These are the tastiest example of superfoods, containing vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants. They help maintain hormonal balance, which is crucial for youthful skin.
AVOCADO: Avocados contain vitamin A, D, E, and omega-9 fatty acids. These fatty acids are the building blocks of skin. These nutrients help to keep the tone of your skin even and smooth. So, adding avocado to your daily diet is a great idea.
CAMU POWDER: This powder is loaded with vitamin C which helps to keep your immune system strong and give you vibrant young skin.
SPINACH: Spinach plays a role in slowing down the aging process of your skin. It contains beta-carotene which is a precursor of vitamin A, and is well known for its anti-aging properties. It moisturizes the epidermis, and as a result, prevents wrinkles and removes dead cells that cause your skin to look dull.
TOMATOES: Tomatoes happen to be little red heroes for our skin. They provide protection against one of the major enemies of our skin. They are very high in the antioxidants that protect our skin against UV damage.
PUMPKIN SEEDS: Are rich in vitamin C and fatty acids which produce our skins natural oil called sebum. This natural oil helps to protect and repair the skin if damaged. So, eating pumpkin seeds can help you get glowing, evenly toned skin.
PINEAPPLE: This fruit is a great treat for your skin. It is rich in vitamin C, amino acid, and collagen. Collagen helps to support the skin structure and vitamin C, and amino acids help to repair damaged skin. It contains an enzyme called bromelain. This enzyme is famous for its softening effect. So, adding pineapple to your smoothie can help you to achieve younger looking and glowing skin.
BLUEBERRIES: Blueberries contain a high amount of anti-oxidants called anthocyanins. Anthocyanins kill off free radicals, that contribute to aging. They also enhance the effects of vitamin C. Basically, blueberries help reduce the rate in which our cells age. Can’t get much better than that!
7 COMMON ANTI-AGING SMOOTHIE MISTAKES TO AVOID
- Quitting after a few failed tries. Sometimes you just aren’t going to like the taste. Not everyone likes the same things. But don’t give up. I promise you, if you keep trying you’ll find lots of awesome recipes that you’l love! Plus, if you download my free smoothie recipes guide, you’ll be hooked for sure. They taste great!
- Not adding liquid to your blender first. To keep from over-working your blender motor, you should add your liquids first, along with a few softer ingredients.
- This is a big one! Not buying organic where possible. If money is an issue, try to stick to this list of the most and least contaminated produce.
- Not washing your produce. Just 1 tablespoon of white vinegar per 1 gallon of room temperature water makes an excellent produce rinse. Let your produce soak for 10 minutes before aggressively rinsing. This doesn’t remove the pesticide residues, but it does remove most bacteria and dirt. Do you know how many times your produce is handled before you take it home? LOTS!!
- Using unhealthy protein powders. Most of them are crap! Plain and simple. Your best options are hemp seeds, or my favorite – Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which is a complete protein.
- Letting color turn you off. Lets face it – sometimes the color of your smoothie won’t look so appetizing! Like baby poop brown. But, please don’t judge a smoothie by it’s color. Some of the best tasting ones are the worst color.
- Not mixing it up. Variety is the spice of life, and in this case, the it’s the road to health. Try new recipes with different ingredients (and different health properties). Don’t just stick to a few that you know you like. Get adventurous.
- Making too much ahead of time. Don’t make more than 1 or 2 smoothies at a time! If you make a big batch, in the morning, for the whole day, by the time supper rolls around many of the vitamins that were there in the morning, are now gone. Oxygen is our friend, it keeps us alive after all, but it also is what eventually kills us (through oxidization). The same thing happens to the vitamins in your smoothie if it’s left too long. So, it’s best to only make what you’re going to consume right away.
HOW TO MAKE SMOOTHIES A PART OF YOUR ROUTINE
By now you are probably excited about the anti-aging possibilities of
smoothies. You also probably have a busy life.
You may find it difficult to squeeze smoothie making time into your already hectic schedule.
The following tips will help you fit delicious and nutritious smoothies into your daily routine, so you don’t miss out on the youthful rewards they deliver.
- Set aside one day each week to shop for produce. When you get home, dice, slice and chop your produce into small, blender-friendly pieces. Store in separate transparent containers so you can tell what’s inside with a quick glance.
- A large smoothie makes a filling, healthy meal replacement.
- When buying a blender, make sure the jar is easy to clean. Preferably glass. Ensuring that your blender jar is dishwasher safe makes cleanup easy.
- Swap your morning coffee for a smoothie.
- Get the family involved. When everyone in your home begins seeing the health benefits smoothies provide, and how great they can taste, they will want to make them a part of their daily routine too.
- If you absolutely must make your smoothies ahead of time, (like in the morning for the whole day), freeze the ones you want for later, and thaw them as you need. At least this way they don’t oxidize quite as bad!
- If you don’t want to do all the prep at once, once a week – at least do it the night before. While making dinner, why not chop,
peel and dice your fruits and veggies and place them in the fridge for the next day? If everything is ready to go, you’ll be more likely to have a healthy smoothie instead of some junk!
To get you started, here’s an awesome smoothie recipe to try right away:
SIMPLE ANTI-AGING SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut water or non-dairy milk (coconut, hemp or almond milk)
- 1 cup frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries etc)
- 1 teaspoon honey (raw unpasteurized)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
Add liquid, spinach, hemp seeds, coconut oil, and honey to blender. Blend until smooth. Slowly add frozen berries. Blend until completely incorporated. ENJOY!
So there you have it! Are you going to start making smoothies to help turn back the clock?
If you try the recipes in the ebook, can you please let me know which ones are your favorites? I’d like to make sure I provide you with more of what you like. Thanks ?
If you want to stay updated, feel free to sign up for the newsletter on the left side.