In this blog post about Business Quotes, it is not only about 1 entrepreneur like in my previous blog article about Warren Buffet Quotes. This article is a little bit more general. It consists of the world’s top 5 entrepreneurs, which are Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Bernard Arnault and Mark Zuckerberg. It is always a good idea to learn from the best of the best, but first a little bit about each billionaire and richest person on earth.
- Jeff Bezos was born on 12th January 1964 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States. He is the founder of Amazon. His net worth is estimated at about $111 billion as of July 2019 and the market cap of his company is about $888 billion as of December 2019. He is also interested in aerospace. That is why he also founded an aerospace company Blue Origin. He graduated from Princeton University in 1986 with a Bachelor degree in electrical engineering and computer science with the distinction summa cum laude. Although he had a job offer from Intel, he decided to work for a fintech startup instead, where he was promoted to Head of Development and then Director of Customer Service and then he became the youngest Vice President in the company. Although he had a stable and very lucrative job paying well above $10 000 per month, he still decided to leave the company, because he saw a business opportunity to make money on the internet. At that time, the growth rate of the internet was 2100%, which impressed Jeff Bezos a lot. He asked himself, whether he will regret not to jump into this opportunity, because he did not want to regret things. If it did not work out, at least he would have tried. So in 1994 he moved from New York to Seattle to start his online bookstore Amazon. 3 years later he went public with his company. In 2013, his company became the world’s biggest online store. Right now, Amazon is 25 years old generating about a yearly profit of $10 billion with about 750 000 employees.
- Bill Gates was born 28th October 1955 in Seattle, Washington, United States. He is the founder of Microsoft and his net worth is estimated about $107 billion and the market cap of his company is about $1.180 trillion. Right now, he is dedicated to his Foundation, because he believes in charity. That is why he plans to give most of his net worth to charity to improve global health. In 1973 he went to Havard and studied mathematics and computer science. During this time he met his fellow student Steve Ballmer, who became the CEO of Microsoft from 2000 till 2014. In 1975 he dropped out of university, because he saw the opportunity in computers, that it has the potential to change the world. He explained to his parents, if his company does not succeed, he still can go back to school. So he started together with Paul Allen the company named Micro-Soft. However, the 1st retail Microsoft Windows was released in 1985. The company went public a year later making the founders billionaires.
- Warren Buffet was born on 30th August 1930 in Omaha with an estimated net worth of $87 billion. I already have written about him. To read more, click here.
- Bernard Arnault was born on 5th March 1949 in Roubaix, France with an estimated net worth of $108 billion. He is the CEO of LVMH, which stands for Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton. He graduated from the École Polytechnique in Paris with a M.sc. degree in engineering in 1971. After graduation, he joined his father’s company Ferret-Savinel. In 1976 he transformed the construction company into a real estate company. In 1979, he totally took over the company. In 1988 he bought 24% of shares of LVMH for $1.5 billion. He continued on buying more shares worth of $600 million for 13,5% of LVMH shares. A year later he further spent $500 million to finally be the chairman and CEO of LVMH. Since then, he transformed the company into the largest luxury group in the world.
- Last, but not least Mark Zuckerberg born on 14th May 1984 in White Plains, New York, United States with an estimated net worth of $72 billion. He is the founder and CEO of Facebook. He went to Havard University, where he launched Facebook in his dormitory room on February 2004. Originally, it was only a social network for college students, but soon it expanded well beyond college and reached 1 billion of users in 2012, where he went public with his company. It is worth mentioning, that he already has been able to code in the 90s during his middle school.
That is basically it about them. Now, without further ado, let’s dive into business / entrepreneur quotes. I made a video out of it, so enjoy!
I hope, you like this blog post about Business Quotes. If you like this article about Business Quotes, just like my Facebook Fanpage: The Doan’s Blog. If not, just write me. Related blog article: Warren Buffet Quotes.